What is it?
Time-boxed activity tracking, single-activity, single-goal, no interruptions.
Why use it?
Time-boxing helps productivity, doing more in less time, also gets you started on important tasks you have been putting off because they're too big or difficult.
How does it work?
- Decide on your list of tasks to do in priority order
- Set up a timer for 25 minutes, start the first task
- Focus on the task at hand (no emails, no calls etc.)
- When timer rings, stop task and take a five-minute break
- Repeat with the next task until no tasks left
There’s an App for that...
Search for ‘Pomodoro’ on your device’s app store - there’s a selection of free apps to choose from (we use Simple Pomodoro for Android, and Pomodoro Timer for iPhone).
Further Reading and Links
The Pomodoro Technique Illustrated by Staffan Noteberg
Search the Google Play Store or Apple App store for 'pomodoro'
Check out more Freelancing Tips from Rentadesk.